Thursday, November 20, 2014

Biblical Contradictions- Why should I have to ask for forgiveness?!

"I as a mere human am capable of forgiveness without being asked for it, if an omniscient being can see that I realize I was wrong, take accountability for my actions and work towards remedying the situation why is it he needs me to ask him for forgiveness?"

Technically we aren't called to ask for forgiveness, it's more a matter of accepting it as it's already there for us. The key is to trust and believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior. This means obedience, and acceptance. If anyone wants scriptural references for this just hit me up, there are so many that I don't want to put them all here right now.

Now let's address the issue of 'taking accountability and working toward remedying the situation.' 

Let's start with a few questions for you, the reader.
    1. Have you ever told a lie, even small?
    2. Have you ever used the Lord's name in vain?
    3. Have you ever stolen something, even small?
    4. Have you ever lusted in your heart toward another?

90% of people will answer yes to all of these, and so would I. Let's presume you answered all of these questions with a yes. This means that by your own admittance you are a lying, thieving, blasphemer, and adulterer at heart. This is just 4 of the big 10 of the Law.

Knowing you have broken the Law given by God, on the day of Judgment, will the Judge find you innocent or guilty? Heaven or Hell? 

Most say, well God is all forgiving, so Heaven, despite being guilty. This is not scriptural at all though! If I stole a car and got caught, went to a judge, and said "Well, yea I did steal it, but you are a great guy, forgiving, and holy, so I'll just do better next time. See ya later?" 

The judge would respond with a laugh then " Yea, your right that I am forgiving and a great guy, but your still guilty and must be charged." He would then levy a large fine and possibly jail time. For this example lets say he said pay 50,000,000 or spend 30 years in prison (it was a really nice car). I couldn't pay this fine obviously, so I'm damned to the hell of prison.

This is exactly what will happen if nobody pays our debts that our sin has racked up over our life. The good news is Jesus Christ did exactly this. That was the grand plan for His coming to earth. Without accepting Christ as your Lord and accepting his Gracious offer to clear your debt, then you are damned to Hell for all of eternity. 

I am scared for you if you haven't yet accepted or come to Him. I said it's not technically necessary to ask for forgiveness from Him to receive salvation, however once your heart is convicted by the Law, and your mind accepts that yes He is really Lord of Lords, King of Kings, then the natural response is to fall to your face in tears begging for His Love, Mercy, and Forgiveness. 

Romans 10:13 says "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Make this a priority in your life TODAY. You don't know how long you will be here, or if you will get another chance to come to Him.

I love you all, and my heart aches for those that haven't come into his Grace. I can't even come close to a proper description of how He has filled my life with joy, love, blessing, and forgiveness. If any of you need help coming to Him, or have more questions please do not hesitate to ask. Day or Night I'll do whatever I can to help a fellow brother or sister come into the Body of Christ.

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment